So what can you do while aboard the InnChanter?
- Take our kayaks, stand-up paddle boards or rowboats out for an adventure on the ocean. You can explore the inlet, getting close to the sea lions, shoreline bears, eagles and much more. Or use them to head back to town for the day.
- Relax and unwind in the floating sauna. We have hand-built a beautiful wood burning cedar sauna on our dock for guests to enjoy. It has a large window inside to take in the view of the mountains, ocean and even bears on the shoreline. We highly recommend jumping in the ocean to cool down – the hot/cold therapy does wonders for your skin and body. Also – if you jump in at night, chances are the water will light up all around you with bio-luminescence!
- Enjoy a book or a boardgame by the wood burning fire in the main saloon. The main saloon is heart of the vessel with a beautiful cozy fire, hand picked decor and plants, and a giant map of the Barkley Sound. Every room on the boat has a bookshelf full of books, so you’re bound to find one that interests you!
- Lounge on the rooftop sundeck. This upper deck is a huge space on the boat to sit down and relax, take in the sun or the surrounding views, or watch the wildlife and boats go by.
- Sit up at the saloon bar for a fancy cocktail. There is a full bar aboard the vessel and we offer a variety of cocktails to sip and take in the sunset.
- Try your luck at crabbing or fishing right off the boat! We have traps and fishing rods for you to use. Generally the crabbing is much better and many guests can catch a little crab appetizer if they put in a little effort! You can usually get some free bait from the fishing charters boats where the water taxi picks you up at.
- Get lost in the movie lounge below deck. We have our life collection of DVD’s (yes – it’s old school! ) with a TV downstairs in case you want settle into a good flick.
- Hitch a ride back to town for the day and explore the shops, restaurants, national park, or hikes. It’s $25/trip (not per person) for the water taxi, just be sure to be back in time for dinner in the grand dinning room. We can give you some good local gems to check out too – just ask!
- Sit in the Grand Dinning room and gaze at all the wildlife. With 180 degrees wrap around windows you can watch rain or shine and see sea lions, otters, bald eagles, and black bears (sometimes wolves).
And if you head to town for the day here’s what we recommend….
- Hike (explore Ucluelet’s own Wild Pacific Trail network or the Pacific Rim National Park trails). And if you’re up for one more challenging ones just ask us!
- Whale watching, salmon fishing charters or ocean kayaking tours
- Try surfing or just soak up some sun on the beach!
- Check out the local Ucluelet Brewery!